Proposte e suggerimenti
 MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — In a story Sept.
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Autore Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  

liny195

Afghanistan
Messaggi 43

Spedito - 02/01/2020 :  04:18:40  Mostra profilo  Visita l'homepage di liny195  Rispondi allegando il testo
22 about the Raiders-Vikings game [url=http://www.thevikingsclub.com/garrett-bradbury-jersey/]Youth Garrett Bradbury Jersey[/url] , The Associated Press erroneously referred to the Oakland quarterback. He is Derek Carr, not David Carr.A corrected version of the story is below:NFL rushing leader Cook leads Vikes romp past Raiders 34-14Article continues below ...NFL rushing leader Dalvin Cook leads Vikings romp past Raiders 34-14 with 3rd straight 100-yard gameBy DAVE CAMPBELLAP Pro Football WriterMINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Each of Dalvin Cook’s first two seasons was interrupted by injury, and the Minnesota Vikings were subsequently much more driven by the pass.His skill set no longer under wraps, Cook has given this Vikings a clear and old-school identity.Cook cruised past the 100-yard mark for the third straight game, Kirk Cousins rebounded from his rattled performance the week before with a turnover-free afternoon, and the Vikings rolled by the Oakland Raiders 34-14 on Sunday.Though he missed 19 of his first 34 games in the NFL to a torn ACL as a rookie and then with nagging hamstring trouble last year, Cook never lost any fans on the coaching staff or in the locker room.“I leave it all on the line for those guys because they stood behind me 100 percent when I was having my ups and downs and just going through adversity that’s just part of this game,” said Cook, who leads the league with 375 rushing yards. “I just credit those guys for being behind me.”The defense had plenty to do with this victory, too. An interception by Harrison Smith of an overthrow by Oakland’s Derek Carr set up the second of two touchdowns by Adam Thielen to give the Vikings a 21-0 lead early in the second quarter. Eric Wilson had two of Minnesota’s four sacks.“Good things usually happen when you play with great effort,” coach Mike Zimmer said.Cook had 16 carries for 110 yards and a score in just three quarters, and his backups capably grabbed the baton. Rookie Alexander Mattison got his first NFL touchdown as the Vikings (2-1) rushed for 211 yards and didn’t even attempt a fourth-quarter pass for the second time in two home games. Last week in a loss at Green Bay, Cousins had three turnovers, including a first-and-goal interception in the end zone.“It’s a beautiful thing when you can run the ball effectively,” Cousins said.Cousins enjoyed a sack-free game for the first time in his Vikings career and finished a crisp 15 for 21 for 174 yards and one score to Thielen on their opening possession. That throw covered 35 yards, off a bootleg that allowed him to plant in front of a pressuring P.J. Hall and zip the ball across the field where Thielen was racing past safety Curtis Riley. That was one of three touchdown drives of 75-plus yards [url=http://www.vikingsjerseysproshop.com/mike-hughes-jersey/]Mike Hughes Jersey[/url] , and Thielen scored later on an inside handoff off a jet sweep at the goal line. The Vikings similarly built a 28-0 lead in their season-opening win over Atlanta.“If you fall behind against this team early, they have the closers that make it very difficult on you, and the noise doesn’t help,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said.Carr went 27 for 34 for 242 yards and touchdowns to J.J. Nelson and Tyrell Williams. Tight end Darren Waller racked up 13 receptions for 134 yards, mostly in garbage time. Nelson scored on a 29-yard flea-flicker pass midway through the second quarter to pull the Raiders within two touchdowns, but that was as close as they came in this dispiriting start to a stretch of six straight weeks without playing a game in Oakland.“It’s not getting any easier for us, but I don’t think guys in this locker room are looking for easy,” Waller said.FOR KICKSDan Bailey made all four extra points and both of his field goals for the Vikings, including a 50-yard try. His predecessor, Daniel Carlson, was booed by the Minnesota crowd before he had a 48-yarder clank off the right upright. Carlson was cut after just his second NFL game by the Vikings, after missing three field goals in a tie with the Packers a year ago.TRIBUTE TIMETwo-dozen members of the 1969 Vikings team that won the final NFL championship before the merger and took the franchise’s first of four Super Bowl losses were feted at a halftime ceremony. The Purple People Eaters defensive line — Carl Eller, Gary Larsen, Jim Marshall and Alan Page — together served as the honorary Gjallarhorn blowers before kickoff of this game that, coincidentally, gave the Vikings their 500th win over 59 seasons of existence.“Our entire lives as pro football players is because of what they did and what they built and the brand they created for the Minnesota Vikings [url=http://www.vikingsjerseysproshop.com/anthony-barr-jersey/]Anthony Barr Jersey[/url] ,” Cousins said. “I love having them come back.”INJURY REPORTRaiders: Backup LB Marquel Lee hurt his ankle in the first quarter and didn’t return. LB Vontaze Burfict missed about half of the game with an elbow injury, but he was cleared to return in the third quarter. Another starting LB, Nicholas Morrow, walked off with an unannounced injury in the third quarter.Vikings: Wilson started for LB Anthony Barr, inactive with a groin injury. CB Mackensie Alexander missed his second straight game with an elbow injury, but CB Mike Hughes was back in the nickel role for the first time since tearing his ACL in the sixth game of last season. … RG Josh Kline left the game in the third quarter for evaluation in the concussion protocol. WR/PR Chad Beebe was also forced out with an ankle injury.UP NEXTRaiders: at the Colts next Sunday. Their last victory in Indianapolis, where they have only played four times in their history, was in 2001 in Gruden’s first stint.Vikings: at the Bears next Sunday. They have lost in nine of their last 11 visits to Chicago, winning in 2015 and 2017. He got to speak with the media in the Twin Cities" Minnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftTranscript: Conference Call with Minnesota Vikings fifth-round pick Cameron SmithNew,2commentsHe got to speak with the media in the Twin CitiesCDTShortly after he was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round of the 2019 NFL Draft, Southern Cal linebacker Cameron Smith got an opportunity to sit down and take part in a conference call with the Twin Cities media. Thanks to the good folks from the Minnesota Vikings’ PR Department, we have a transcript of that interview that we can share with you.Enjoy, everyone!<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="hysBLL">I am just excited to be here. It’s such an honor to be part of the Vikings. It’s been a long weekend but I can’t wipe the smile off my face. Just excited and can’t wait to get there.Q: Did you think the Vikings were a possible option coming into the draft?A: It’s hard to walk in thinking that. I feel like the teams that talk to us a lot, you have a feeling for it. But you just never can predict what is going on. I had a feeling in my heart that I could be a Viking because in the last three years at USC we ran the exact same defense and I feel like it will be a perfect fit walking in there. I feel like I wouldn’t have any issues learning the defense. As of right now, I just feel like it was meant to be.Q: How do you see your skill set transitioning?A: I feel like I can do whatever they want me to do to be honest with you. I feel like I have so much more to learn and I can get a lot better and I think that getting there and working with the linebackers coach and some of the veterans there, I just think I can learn a lot. Whatever they need me to do [url=http://www.vikingsjerseysproshop.com/everson-griffen-jersey/]Everson Griffen Jersey[/url] , if it’s play the bigger package and stop the run or even come in and play on third down and do whatever they need. I am really confident in whatever they ask of me. I am just ready to contribute as much as possible.Q: How do you think your play speed as opposed to timed speed translates to the NFL?A: That is hard to even think about just because I’ve never played in the NFL. I think my instincts are going to take over. I remember getting there to USC my freshman year in the spring. When the game gets picked up and everyone else is playing faster, I just feel a true player plays faster. I’m just excited to feel that speed. The unknowing part is just different. Everyone talks about it but I think if you are a football player, you adjust to whatever is going on. I am excited to be there and just start working with the team.Q: Was it hard battling your injuries?A: I think my freshman year with my ACL is something I never had to deal with in my life but it’s something that I feel happens for a reason and I feel like I run stronger and worked on muscles you just don’t always work on unless you’re rehabbing for something. Again, I looked at it like it was supposed to be and just have to overcome that adversity and move on. My last two years I played my best football and the best is yet to come to be honest with you.Q: What factored into coming back to play for your senior year instead of declaring?A: I felt like I have a lot to work on. I just felt like I left high school early and I felt like I was rushing things. I just didn’t want to look back and think that I rushed out of college. You look at a lot of guys right now and I think this is the back-to-back year they broke the record with juniors coming out. I don’t always feel like it’s beneficial. I think growing up and maturing and especially playing. The offensive and defensive linemen and even linebackers you’re dealing with grown men. The more that I can mature and grow into my body and I started to just figure out what I am supposed to eat right. I think overall it was the best fit for me to come back and learn more and keep picking [Clancy] Pendergast’s brain and then I look back at it right now and we run the same defense. I’ve worked with Clancy for so long and I feel I am going to walk in and things are going to click for me. I felt like this was just meant to be.Q: How would you describe the kind of leader you are?A: There are guys that talk too much and it isn’t always reciprocated as well as they’d like to. There are guys that lead by example too much and they don’t have as much as a voice. I think that there is a fine line between the both of them. Obviously, leading by example is the best thing that you can do as a leader and always doing the right things and people will want to follow. But being able to express your opinions and get after some guys is how you set yourself apart. Being in the middle of those two and just in terms of leadership style for your team. Everyone responds in different ways and I think it’s important to get to know your teammates and figure out how to lead them and get guys behind you.Q: Did you play basketball player or is there any other basketball or football players in your family besides your grandfather playing basketball at Duke?A: I played basketball when I was little. I wasn’t that great because I always fouled out around the second quarter. I wasn’t all that great at basketball. I played a lot of baseball growing up. We traveled all over the country and competed in Florida twice, Georgia once, and Cooperstown twice. Competition has always been a big part of my life. My dad has always pushed me to be productive. His least favorite phrase was ‘just hanging out’. I was never allowed to just hang out. Sports have always been a huge part of my life.Q: How did you get an interest in wine making?A: I just thought it was fascinating, what goes into a glass. I remember looking at people and they were ordering wines. I think it’s just an off the field interest that I think is cool. I think in the last year and a half or so I didn’t find myself drinking that much wine because all I focus on is football but I think the science part of it that goes into it is really fascinating and really cool. The agriculture part and farming is fascinating to me.Q: What is your favorite wine?A: My response is a little bit different than who you think I am. I worked at Melville Winery over the summer two years ago and their pinot noir is off the chain. It’s very light and pretty and elegant. I still feel like most people look at me like I am going to be a big body heavy cabernet. I just like the lighter, prettier looking pinot noirs that taste really good to me. That whole cluster that adds just a little more veggie to it that I think tastes great. It’s something that it’s always important to have a life outside of football and be ready for whatever happens.Q: What is your favorite thing to hunt?A: I spent a lot of time hunting waterfowl. We actually shoot a lot of ducks in California so people always look at me a little dumbfounded when I say that. Up north in Chico, I spent a lot of time up there hunting with some of my buddies shooting a lot of ducks and geese. The best time for me, for football players in general I guess, the hunt is probably turkey season because you’re only going to catch the latter half of waterfowl season. All of deer season is pretty much a busy time. We try to get out and hunt turkeys every now and then as much as we can. Going to school in Los Angeles, it was my way to get away and do the things that I love and come back up north and go to Chico and hunt and wear my boots and jeans and get after it a little bit.
  Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Vai a:
Il forum libero di www.Guruji.it © www.Guruji.it Vai ad inizio pagina
 Image Forums 2001 Snitz Forums 2000