Proposte e suggerimenti
 /www.coltsfanshop.com/
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Autore Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  

liny195

Afghanistan
Messaggi 43

Spedito - 25/09/2019 :  09:26:08  Mostra profilo  Visita l'homepage di liny195  Rispondi allegando il testo
We are now in the dull period for being an NFL fan [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Nyheim-Hines-Jersey]Nyheim Hines Color Rush Jersey[/url] , as we enter the post-draft time period of the offseason. While most people are looking ahead to the 2019 NFL season, I decided to take a step..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub #10005;Filed under:NFL GeneralColts AnalysisScouting The NFLColts Offseason Scouting Report: Center Ryan KellyNew,22commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareColts Offseason Scouting Report: Center Ryan KellyJeff Hanisch-USA TODAY SportsWe are now in the dull period for being an NFL fan, as we enter the post-draft time period of the offseason. While most people are looking ahead to the 2019 NFL season, I decided to take a step back and really evaluate the talent on this Colts’ roster. Over the course of this offseason, I will be going back through the roster and putting together scouting reports and film rooms of some of the more unheralded players on this roster.The next scouting report of the offseason is on starting center Ryan Kelly. Kelly was outstanding last season and was one of the main reasons why the Colts had on of the top offensive lines in the entire NFL. When healthy, he is among the best centers in all of football.In today’s piece, I take a look at the film and provide my scouting report on the star center. I look at what makes him so good and what he can improve upon to make the next step from Pro Bowl-caliber center to All-Pro-caliber.BackgroundSize:6’4” 311 poundsMeasurables (Combine):40 Time: 5.03 / Bench Press: 26 Reps / Vertical Jump: 30 inches / Broad Jump: 103 inches / 3-Cone: 7.58 secondsRelative Athletic Score:Scouting ReportMy scouting reports will be in the same style/format as the Anthony Arena Draft Guide that we put together this offseason. I will be looking at how these players grade out in each trait, their best positional fit, and a two-to-three year outlook on their career.Run BlockingKelly is simply an outstanding run blocker that a creative offensive play caller like Frank Reich can utilize in so many ways. He is an outstanding athlete— which we will talk more about later— and that allows him to excel on pull and stretch plays. He is also a very intelligent player who understands how to position and move his body to allow the running back to have the most space through the hole. His technique is also excellent, he gets low and drives players out of the hole when he has a full head of steam. Kelly put together a run blocking clinic against the Jets in week 6. Here, he is working down the line on the running back stretch play out of the gun. He is able to get down the line quickly and make contact with defensive tackle Henry Anderson while he is engaged with Quenton Nelson. He is then able to get excellent leverage on Anderson and drive him down the line, creating a giant hole for Marlon Mack to run through.Did I mention his run blocking was great against the Jets? Well, here is another example: Kelly comes across the line on a pull here, and meets the linebacker in the hole. He gives a good shot to the backer, and is able to knock him out of position, opening up a huge hole for Mack. Kelly graded out as Pro Football Focus’ 7th best run blocking center in 2018 and I expect him to be even higher if he stays healthy in 2019.Pass BlockingDespite not being as strong of a pass blocker as he is a run blocker, Kelly does still do well in this area. He is very technically sound, and does a good job of establishing leverage early in his blocks. Once he gains that leverage, he is very sturdy and square to his defender which makes him very tough to move. He does a great job of using his athleticism to match defenders and recognizes stunts and twists very well. The areas he needs to improve, however, are anchoring better against bull rushes and not being as grabby when he gets beaten.This is a picture-perfect pass blocking rep. He recognizes the defense slanting down [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Johnny-Unitas-Jersey]https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Johnny-Unitas-Jersey[/url] , and he quickly adjusts his body so he is square to the defender. Once he does that, he engages with great technique and hand placement. From this position, he is able to guide and control the block, and keep Andrew Luck clean to deliver a big throw down the field. This next clip is one of the most unique plays I’ve seen from a lineman. In order to disguise the play action, the Colts pull Kelly across the line on this play. In doing this, he is tasked with essentially playing tackle after starting the play at center. Kelly is athletic and fast enough to get to the edge, engage the blitzing cornerback, and put him in the ground on the play. AthleticismI’ve already mentioned this multiple times, but the biggest strength in Kelly’s game is his pure athleticism. At the combine, he measured as an outstanding athlete and graded out very well, historically. On the field, that ability shows, as he is able to make pull blocks and reach blocks with ease. He climbs to the second level as very few lineman can do and is very agile when flipping his hips.Reich loves utilizing Kelly on pull plays. Here, he is faking the counter action with a jab step inside, before pulling around the hole to clear space for Mack. He is able to get past the second level and into the third level before he finds a player to block. He is able to reach all the way out to safety Jamal Adams and shield him off from the hole, which opens up the necessary space for Mack to get to the sideline. The ability to reach the third level that quickly and still turn his body and make a block is excellent.On this next play, Kelly makes an even more impressive block. He is pulling to the outside, and the play design is to leave the end unblocked for the center to kick out. Just doing that would be a crazy feat in and of itself, but Kelly takes it a step further: Instead of just pulling outside and kicking the end out, he reaches the end and then twists his hips inside which gives Mack room to the outside for more yards. The agility here is what separates Kelly from many other centers in the league.StrengthIf there was one negative in Kelly’s game, it would be that he struggles with interior strength. He has great technique to counter this— which I will discuss more in the next section— but often times it is not enough to overcome getting driven back. He loses his anchor too easily in pass protection, and needs to add some strength in order to win in shorter areas of the field.This clip shows a lot of what I see throughout his film in this area. Jonathan Hankins is one of the stronger defensive tackles in football and Kelly really struggled with him. Here [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Jacoby-Brissett-Jersey]Jacoby Brissett Jersey[/url] , Hankins is able to drive Kelly back into the backfield and then easily stack and shed him before taking down the running back for a loss. Kelly needs to shore up this area of his game.TechniqueThe primary way that Kelly counters his struggles with his strength is via technical skill. He is an intelligent player who understands how to position his body, take good angles, and win with hand placement. Kelly wins in pass protection with great technique, and he counters stronger players in the run game by getting his hands inside and driving them. Having an intelligent technician at center is always a plus for a team.The next clip is a great example of Kelly winning with leverage and technique. He is quick off the ball and able to establish great hand position on his defender. He is then able to drive his defensive tackle backwards with that pre-established position and a good leg drive. He may struggle with strength but being a great technician is a good way to counter that.IntangiblesI have raved multiple times in this piece about Kelly’s intellect. He just is so smart and nuanced on the field. He also is a good finisher, who understands how to read the field and adjust on the fly. He is a commanding presence in the middle of the line, and by all reports is a great leader and role model off of the field. Kelly checks all the boxes in this department. This clip summarizes Kelly so well. He stays square to the middle of the line and keeps a hand on Nelson’s guy. Once he recognizes the stunt to his right, he steps in front and delivers a big hit to the twisting lineman. High-level recognition ability and the nastiness to finish the play. This is an outstanding play that summarizes this Pro Bowl caliber center.Positional FitObviously his best fit is at center going forward. He has been a stout player there for years, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. If, however, Mark Glowinski or Quenton Nelson were to go down to injury at some point next year, I would be curious to see if they move Kelly over to guard to bring in Evan Boehm at center. It probably wouldn’t happen but I do think that he could play guard at a near-elite level as well. Future OutlookThe future is so bright for Kelly with the Colts. He is already a top-tier center in this league, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. If he can put together a full 16 game season and develop a bit under Howard Mudd and Chris Strausser, I think he could be the best center in the league in two to three years. The sky is the limit for Kelly, and I’m looking forward to the Colts extending him next offseason to make him part of this team for a very long time. INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck kept pleading with coach Frank Reich to stick with the ground game Sunday.Reich gladly granted his wish.After throwing 164 passes the previous three weeks, Luck watched his runners deliver the hard shots and took advantage of the openings by throwing for four touchdowns in a 37-5 rout over Buffalo.“When you run the ball really, really well, the byproduct is throwing the ball efficiently,” Luck said.It seems as though with the Colts getting healthy, the offense is more in sync.Running back Marlon Mack returned from an injured hamstring last week and the Colts responded with back-to-back season-high rushing totals. Even Buffalo’s No. 3 ranked defense couldn’t slow down the Colts, who ran for 220 yards — the highest total in Luck’s seven seasons.Indy hadn’t topped 200 yards since Dec. 18, 2011 against Tennessee, and Mack had a career-high 126 yards on 19 carries.Luck [url=https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Reggie-Wayne-Jersey]Reggie Wayne Color Rush Jersey[/url] , meanwhile, went 17 of 23 with 156 yards, hooked up with receiver T.Y. Hilton for two TD passes, another to Mack and one to Eric Swoope.As a result, Indy (2-5) snapped a four-game losing streak, pulled off its most lopsided victory since a 37-3 victory over Jacksonville on Sept. 29, 2013 and finally celebrated the franchise’s 300th win since moving from Baltimore to Indianapolis in 1984.Indy was in such command, Luck even made the wise decision to run out of bounds at the Bills 1-yard line in the fourth quarter rather than risk an unnecessary hit by reaching for the goal line.“I was really proud on the 1 where he ran out of bounds because I told him if you get into scramble mode take care of yourself,” Reich said. “So we had the conversation on the sideline and fortunately he listened.”The only thing that didn’t go according to script was Adam Vinatieri breaking Morten Andersen’s career scoring record.Vinatieri scored five points to move within five of becoming the NFL’s scoring leader despite missing two extra points in one game for the first time in his career.But it didn’t matter against the Bills’ struggling offense. Buffalo (2-5) has lost two straight and three of four despite benching turnover-prone Nathan Peterman and starting 35-year-old Derek Anderson in place of the injured Josh Allen.Anderson went 20 of 31 with 175 yards, three interceptions and lost a fumble in his first start since December 2016.Putting offensive coordinator Brian Daboll on the field for the first time this season didn’t help either. Buffalo has two touchdowns and 31 points in its last four games.“I just have to be better with the ball, have better awareness,” Anderson said. “I’m not going to pout about it. I expect more from myself. I came here to help this team win football games.”On Sunday, Luck did all the winning things.He hooked up with Swoope on a 17-yard pass early in the second quarter and found Mack wide open in the right flat for a 29-yard scoring play — just before taking a hit. Mack’s conversion run made it 14-0.Hilton’s 5-yard TD catch extended the lead to 21-0 and Mike Mitchell’s 47-yard interception return just before halftime set up Vinatieri for a 36-yard field goal to make it 24-0.All the Bills could muster in the second half was a 34-yard field goal from Stephen Hauschka and a safety when Ryan Kelly’s snap sailed over the head of Luck and rolled through the end zone.“I think our team needed a game like this to see what happens when we do the little things right, and we did that,” Luck said. “It was a joy to watch.”INJURY REPORTBills: Buffalo started the game with only four active receivers before losing running back LeSean McCoy with a head injury on the second play of the game. McCoy’s replacement, Chris Ivory, left briefly in the third quarter but returned and finished with 16 carries for 81 yards.Colts: Defensive tackle Jihad Ward was carted off the field with an injured right ankle in the first quarter and Swoope left with a knee injury. Neither returned.STAT LINEBills: Buffalo did not have a sack. … Kelvin Benjamin had four catches for 71 yards, 32 yards coming on one reception.Colts: Indy rushed for 116 yards in the first half, its highest first-half total since September 2009 and the sixth-highest total by the franchise since 1950. … Vinatieri has missed two or more extra points only four times in a season during his 23-year career.UP NEXTBills: Host division rival New England next Monday night.Colts: Will try to build momentum at Oakland before heading into the bye week.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta
  Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Vai a:
Il forum libero di www.Guruji.it © www.Guruji.it Vai ad inizio pagina
 Image Forums 2001 Snitz Forums 2000