La Via di Paramahansa Yogananda
 ENGLEWOOD Menelik Watson Jersey
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Autore Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  

chenyan94

USA
Messaggi 115

Spedito - 16/09/2019 :  07:55:17  Mostra profilo  Visita l'homepage di chenyan94  Rispondi allegando il testo
, Colo. (AP) — Gary Kubiak won’t return to run the Denver Broncos offense after all for new head coach Vic Fangio, a person with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press on Friday.The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the discussions, said it became apparent over the last 24 hours that Kubiak wasn’t the right fit because of philosophical differences over scheme and staff.Kubiak had wanted to bring back some of the assistant coaches who have followed him throughout his coaching career along with dusting off schemes that were successful in another era but don’t fit with the Broncos’ quest to modernize their approach.Kubiak remains under contract with the Broncos and will continue in his role as a senior personnel adviser to general manager John Elway.After rejecting Kubiak’s return to the field, the Broncos set their sights on San Francisco QBs coach Rich Scangarello, but ESPN reported that the 49ers denied Denver’s request to interview him for their offensive coordinator job.So, Fangio remains on the looking for someone who will resuscitate a Denver offense that has sputtered under four different starting quarterbacks and three coordinators in the post-Peyton Manning era.And the surprising development with Kubiak curbs anticipation that the Broncos could go after Baltimore veteran quarterback Joe Flacco , who lost his starting job to rookie Lamar Jackson. Kubiak worked well with the former Super Bowl MVP in 2014 when he was the Ravens‘ offensive coordinator.Free agent quarterback Case Keenum was underwhelming in his first season in Denver and cutting him would cost $7 million but save $11 million.Either way, the Broncos are expected to select a QB in the draft (they pick 10th) even after getting burned after moving up in the first round to select Paxton Lynch three years ago.Kubiak successfully maneuvered the Broncos through a minefield of adversities to lead the franchise to its third championship after the 2015 season. But he stepped down a year later, citing health concerns after Denver slipped to 9-7 and missed the playoffs.He returned last year and helped Elway prepare for free agency and the draft, which was hailed as Elway’s best.After firing head coach Vance Joseph two weeks ago, Elway said he wants to modernize the Broncos’ schemes. Denver’s offense has especially stagnated while other teams, notably the Chiefs and Chargers in their own division, have innovated with the run-pass option craze and other college concepts lighting up scoreboards across the NFL.The Broncos will keep some members of Joseph’s staff but won’t bring back offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave or defensive coordinator Joe Woods.As Fangio prepares to build Denver’s fourth offensive system in as many years, the Broncos are hoping that Mike Munchak will come on board to coach their offensive line. Munchak’s contract as the Pittsburgh Steelers’ O-line coach has expired.Munchak was one of two finalists for the Broncos’ head coaching job and he stayed back in Denver, where his daughter lives, after interviewing with Elway last week.After Joseph’s firing Todd Davis Jersey , Elway said he expected Kubiak to return as an on-field offensive assistant in Denver next season and the Broncos rejected other teams’ requests to interview him for their offensive coordinator vacancies.Kubiak wasn’t at Fangio’s introductory news conference, which some construed as an attempt by the Broncos to keep the focus on Fangio, a first-time head coach after 32 years as an NFL assistant, and not an ominous sign that the union might not work.“None of the assistant coaching positions have been determined yet, and until things are ironed out and iron-clad, I prefer not to comment on that,” Fangio said Thursday when asked about Kubiak. “But Gary is a hell of a coach. He’s a guy that I have respected throughout my career in the NFL, having competed against him at several stops. If Gary is interested, then I’m interested.”Fangio led the league’s No. 1 overall defense in Chicago in 2018, and several Denver defenders are ecstatic over his hiring, including Pro Bowl cornerback Chris Harris Jr., who texted The Associated Press, “Think Fangio will be great!”Several offensive players were equally excited about the prospect of Kubiak’s return, including receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who posted videos on social media of Kubiak getting a Gatorade shower in the waning minutes of Super Bowl 50 and of Kubiak admiring the Lombardi Trophy afterward. What kind of punting performance did the Denver Broncos get in 2018 relative to the rest of the league?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos Free AgencyBroncos DraftBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub #37441;#26100;reaking NewsBroncos 2019 Draft Class Announced#33075;2018 NFL punting review: punt percentage and precision puntingNew,16commentsWhat kind of punting performance did the Denver Broncos get in 2018 relative to the rest of the league?MSTShareTweetShareShare2018 NFL punting review: punt percentage and precision puntingIsaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY SportsAlmost every off-season I take an analytical look at punting in the NFL in order to get a deeper understanding of how well our punter did relative to the rest of the league. To rewind a little, the Broncos had Riley Dixon punting for us in 2016 and 2017. Dixon was a 7th round draft pick who performed well as a rookie (at least relative to other rookie punters in NFL history) Brandon McManus Jersey , but then regressed in 2017 to the point of being a liability. The Broncos were able to trade him to the Giants for a 7th round pick (conditional on Dixon being the Giants punter in 2018, which he was). The Giants had literally the worst punter in the league in 2017, Brad Wing. Wing was bad enough to get kicked out of the NFL punting fraternity and is now kicking in the AAF. Other former Bronco punters like Britton Colquitt and Brett Kern are still in the NFL and playing well (as you will see). Colquitt, the lesser, was punting for the Browns and Kern was punting for the Titans. When you boil it down to its essence, the job of the punter (and the coverage team) is to make the other team start their drive as far back as possible. So to that end, I evaluated every punt in the NFL in 2018 (all 2214 of them) to determine how much of the “potential yards” the punter gained for his team on each punt. I divided the field into two punting regions: long-field punts (from inside your own 35) and short-field punts (from your own 35 and beyond). On long-field punts, you assume that your punter can just punt the ball as far as possible without worrying about a touchback (although he does have to worry about out-kicking the coverage, so hang-time is critical). So, I have set the “optimal result” on long-field punts to a 65 yard gross punt. On short-field punts the optimal result is downing the ball at the one (or having it go out of bounds at the one). Late in the season, against the 49ers, the Broncos punted from the 50. The optimal result would have been a 49 yard punt. Wadman hit one that was downed at the 15 for a 35 yard punt: 35/49 =71.4%. Wadman’s punt percentage on that punt was 71.4%. I performed that analysis for every punt and got both an average value and a standard deviation for every team in the league. I did not factor in the return yards allowed since that can be more of a function of the coverage team, but I did subtract 20 yards from the gross distance of any touchback. Touchbacks can also be the result of poor play by the coverage team. If you wish to adjust for return yards allowed, let me know and I will send you my spreadsheet. Data for this was pulled from pro-football-reference.com, nfl.com and profootballfocus.com.I am not allowed to show the entire table of average hang-time for punters (PFF does not like that), but I will give you an idea of where both Coby Wadman and Marquette King ranked in that stat since PFF tracks it.Punt PercentageThe Broncos’ punters in 2018 ranked 21st in punt percentage with an average score of 73.3%. The standard deviation on the value was 12.1%. There were four teams that appeared to be a step above the rest: Arizona, Tennessee John Elway Jersey , LA Rams, and Baltimore. There were also five teams that were a step below the bulk of the league: Green Bay, LA Chargers, Buffalo, San Francisco and Oakland. For those who prefer to see that table it is below.For those who aren’t math nerds, standard deviation tells you how consistent a value is, so a smaller standard deviation means a more consistent punter. The Cowboys, Chris Jones, and the Saints, Thomas Morstead, were tied as the most consistent punters in the league in 2018 despite Morstead doing a much better job at maximizing field position than Jones did. Kern, punting for the Titans, had a superb year. didn’t do our punters any favors in 2018 allowing 9 returns of 10 or more yards including returns of 99, 51, 37 and 26 yards. While those were not factored into the punt percentage values they are poor and the hurt the net punt average for both of our punters.
  Discussione precedente Discussione Discussione successiva  
 Nuova discussione  Partecipa alla discussione
 Versione stampabile
Vai a:
Il forum libero di www.Guruji.it © www.Guruji.it Vai ad inizio pagina
 Image Forums 2001 Snitz Forums 2000